Back in July, I had the pleasure of working with Vanessa and Adam on their city wedding. Vanessa came to me with J.Crew's periwinkle color, and though I had some apprehension about matching it when the big day came around, not only did the flowers come in perfectly (she also somehow got her favorite flower, peonies, at the end of July!), but after a bit of rain in the morning, the sun came out bright and promising! Had such a great time getting to know this warm and wonderful couple and so blessed by their loving relationship. Look ahead for some lovely images by Bella Pictures of their special day!
Vanessa looking absolutely beautiful!
I love that this moment was captured, almost secretively.
I just adore simple and artistic veil shots.
Vanessa and Adam had their wedding reception in the heart of the city on State Street at a restaurant called Osteria Via Stato. The food there is SO GOOD (Vanessa was kind enough to invite me to lunch there together!) I loved the rustic yet modern feel to the decor there and especially became smitten with the arches within the room. Definitely check this venue out if you're looking for something in this style!
We chose to use these great white birch wood containers with willow branch accents to go with the natural feel of the room. To create a soft, romantic feel to the arrangement, we combined periwinkle blue hydrangeas, white spray roses, white lisianthus, green hypericum berries and blue thistle in the birch containers.
Here are some of Vanessa's lovely touches to the room and decor: perfect black lanterns, frames of old images of Chicago landmarks, and favors with matching periwinkle blue emblems on the boxes.
Congratulations on a beautiful wedding Vanessa and Adam! It was a joy working with you guys!

























No comments:
Post a Comment