I have to preface the following by saying: I hate cooking. I hate it with a passion. I am not precise with measurements, and often times, I doubt the recipe and mold it to my twisted logic. Predictably, nothing I make comes out resembling what it ought let alone taste the way it should. I also hate that it's messy. That there are dishes. And lots of it.
One night while link-hopping through various blogs, I found The Wednesday Chef and Orangette, two cooking blogs with the usual gorgeous food photos, but what was most pleasant, really wonderful writing! I don't want to cook, but I was somehow lulled with their bewitching prose into doing just that. As expected, there are tons of recipes (mostly simple, yet provocative), but what reels you in to even try is the writing. Great, interesting, smart, approachable writing. I'm sure there are a lot of wonderfully written cooking blogs out there, but I stumbled on these first and am completely in love with them.
Sausage, Radicchio, and Burrata Pizza
Zucchini Pickles
Bouillabaisse of Peas
Asparagus Flan
And then there is the television show: Grey's Anatomy

The the writing the second half of this season has been solid. I know people will disagree with me when it comes to the whole Denny thing (which was a confusing low-point), but clearly it was all a foreshadowing of what is going on with Izzie now. With all that cleared up, I am completely on board. The last few episodes have had such emotional depth, forcing you to feel and grapple with big beautiful or sobering things - and I loved that. And the way they approached the much-anticipated proposal? Brilliant. Bravo to Grey's! So depressed there is a four-week hiatus coming up. Sigh.









Ooh I know how you feel...I hate to cook but lately, I've been inspired! You should check out Sugarlaws.com and for some really gorgeous food photos...see http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete