
Went to my usual haunt to do a ton of paperwork last night after my kids and the hubbs went to bed. I arrived at 10:30PM and stayed til about 3:30AM. I know, you're scratching your head thinking, paperwork? Flowers? Big disconnect? Sometimes I feel like I'm in college again, slaving away on lit papers into the wee morning - except the stuff I write about now are dahlias and billy balls "dressed up with whimsical touches of asclepia." The English major has been useful in flowering up my quote with language that would put Byron or Wordsworth's glorious use of adjectives to shame: " Marianne carries an elegant bouquet of lush Yves Piaget roses, dripping with green ivy and finished with the soft, delicate texture of a flowing silk ribbon." Okay, well maybe not, but I think you get the point. It's cheesy, but subconsciously it helps create a dimensional, sensory idea of what I'm trying to go for. And I think it's effective. Definitely preferrable to: "Bouquet: Pink garden roses, green ivy, silk ribbon," don't you think?
But I digress! I love this Starbucks because one, it's 24-hours and two, it's packed not only all day, but from the time the rest of the city falls asleep to the morning rush at six in the morning. And best of all, it's like a big java party once we hit midnight. People - homeless guys, yuppies and students to seniors - hang out and chat. You never know who you'll end up chatting with in the course of your time there.
And I got a lot of work done and that's always a good thing.









hey! great photo! I miss this area SO much....I remember every time I am around this area, I'd grab a piping hot cup of latte and walk over to new leaf + greer. *smile*
ReplyDelete